What kind of infant juice does WIC give here in Texas??

My infant will be recieving Infant juice starting next month so I was just wondering what kind of Infant juice can you buy with WIC in Tx??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know about Texas (I live in California), but when my daughter turned 6 months they started giving her a 64oz bottle of Apple Juice (had to be 100% juice, with 120% vitamin C, any brand). But they didn't give anything baby specific (like the gerber infant juices) they just told me to dilute it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They should have a brochure at the WIC department that shows you what you can buy. Ask for one.
    Or just call them and ask what kind.
    Anonymous

• i could be wrong but i think texas is the same as oklahoma. here its 100% juicy juice from a bottle or concentrate.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They'll give you a list of brands of 100% juice from which you can choose. (if not, be sure to ASK!!)

In NY, we had a couple of different brands of canned juice and a couple different ones of frozen...Juicy Juice was among them.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I LIVE IN TEXAS AND I RECEIVE 100% JUICE.YOU CAN GET APPLE,ORANGE,PINEAPLLE,OR MIXED IT DEPENDS ON THE PRICE,YOU HAVE TO GET THE ONE THE STORE HAS FOR WIC
    vanesa1077

Answer by vanesa1077 at 3:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i live in texas, and you can pretty much get any flavor of juice, but it normally has to be the store brand. (the cheapest) if you go inside a grocery store it should be labeled as a WIC item
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 3:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• we had 100% juicy juice when our first was wic and big texas i think is the other brand
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 3:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• well i live in north mississippi and our program u dont go to the grocey store . theres a WIC wearhouse.
    they changed last year and its welches in a can concentrate and u add 3 cans of water it tastes really good and a big variaty of flavors
    LuciensMom

Answer by LuciensMom at 3:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009