Did you register for a crib bedding set?

I registered for a full bedding set (skirt, sheet, bumper), but I'm wondering if I'll actually use it since I know that you're not supposed to use a bumper due to SIDS. Did you register for one? Did you use it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used a bumper with my crib. I just took it off when she turned 6 months. I checked on her pretty often though, to make sure that she was not up against the edge of the crib (against the bumper) and when they are really little they don't move around really anyways.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• why cant you use it because of sids?

i thought sids if UNKNOWN so how do they have all these things of what NOT to do to prevent it?

dont you have to know WHAT something is in order to start preventing?

ps yes i did register for the full bedding set.
    Anonymous

• yes i registered for one. my son slept in a cosleeper in my room for about 3 months so we hardly used the crib until he was about 3 months old. My son is now 20 months and we still use the bed set.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They recommend not using a bumper or lots of blankets because the kid can suffocate.
    Anonymous

• I registered for the bedding set and my son slept in it maybe 5 times but we did do diaper changes in it. His whole room had the theme and even now he loves it, he's 2, and he's in a big boy bed.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 3:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I didn't register for one but I did buy the crib sets for myself. SIDS has no causes, no one knows why it happens. All we can do is try to prevent it. I made sue my babies slept on their backs, didn't give them blankets. I did use the bumper pads though.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 17, 2009