1st night apart...

I was reading one of the other posts, and that made me curious. How old was your DD or DS when you spent your first night apart?

Mine is pushing 9 months, and I know I am no where ready to be away from her overnight yet!!

lmh3820

Asked by lmh3820 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The first time I left my little guy over night he was 12 1/2 months. The only reason I did so was because I was in labor with #2. I had no other choice. I knew he was being well taken care of and having a good time but I missed him soooo much! I could never do it at 9 months.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The only time my kids have spent the night away from home was when I was in the hospital having a baby. So my oldest was 19 months the first time and 3 years old the second time. My middle child was 20 months.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Kaylee was 2 months I think, and she went to my grandparents house while my SO and I went to Santa Rosa over night. We dropped her off at around 3pm and picked her up around 7pm the next day...and you would think I would have slept, right? Pfft, I was up just like I would have been if she was with us, lol.

And she spends at least one night every other week with her grandma (Ryan's mom). Not so much because we are going out, but because Nancy wants her, so we just take a night off. Ifs a good break to take if you have someone who wants to take her, and we don't feel bad because its not EVERY night of every weekend, you know?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It was the first night she spent the night at her best friends house, when she was 6. We'd tried a couple of times before then, like the night my husband and I had a wedding in Vegas. She was 4. My brother in law and his wife were keeping her in their room for us, but we went to get her around 3 am! lol We we're already married for years before the wedding, so it wasn't really a honeymoon or anything.
    Then in kindergarten, her and her "bff" wanted a sleepover, but she called around 11 that night wanting to come home. This happened a couple of times, and then when she was 6 she made it the whole night.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is almost 5 and we have never spent a night apart.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Mine were pretty young because my Mom loved to keep them. My Sis also has kids close in age so they would go to her house as well. As long as it was family I was ok with it. The first big time apart came in the summer between 2nd and 3rd grade when they went to "first timers" at camp. It was over one night but about an hour away from home. Since then they go 12 nights every summer...if I don't send them they get mad at me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009