Does anyone find it annoying,degrading or just plain cocky when a mom describes themselves as a MILF?

This phrase just gets under my skin...IDK why. I think I look great to have 2 kids but it's not the phrase I would pick to describe myself. I may just be insecure. But it also comes off to me as a nasty way to describe yourself. IDK....am I over reacting? I'm sure some anonymous ppl will let me know!

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 2:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have no problem with a woman being confident in her looks, but this phrase to me is disgusting!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• what does it mean
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes you do look great and yes I do find it just disgusting when someone brags about someone calling them a MILF or saying they look good enough for someone to think that.
    Anonymous

• It is degrading to women, IMHO, because it objectifies...just the same as any other of the many wonderful "nicknames" men have come up with for women over the years. And by wonderful, I mean degrading, chauvinistic, and simple minded.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if someone describes themselves as a MILF (mother i'd like to f***) that means they like to f*** themselves! it's a term guys use to describe women... but for a woman to use this for herself.... heh... its just dumb.
    Anonymous

• I think its gross. I don't like being spoken of in those terms, but really - there isn't a better way to say a woman is sexy than to bring up the fact she has kids? For me, hearing my children talked about in the same phrase as me having sex just grosses me out.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes,but it's not just the men that are using the term now. Women are classifying themselves as this. It's gross to me.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 2:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• it doesnt bother me im sure they could pick a better way of saying your attractive.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I think it's degrading and tacky. I don't know why any women would want to say that about herself. I always think low-class (or no class) when I hear it or see it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW i would never use that term i thinks its gross
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009