Any one have drop attacks?

A couple of years ago, I started falling. I would be walking or just standing and drop hard to the ground. It started off slowly. I just thought I was extremely exhausted as my son was 1 yrs old at the time and keeping me very busy. It progressed, however, from happening maybe a couple times a mnth to something happening several times daily.I usually hurt myself. Neurologists did test for seizure disorders. Said I showed no evidence of seizure activity. They did tests for Narcolepsy. Said they couldn't diagnose me narcoleptic, but couldn't rule it out either because I have many signs of narcolepsy, even a positive blood test for a gene found in many narcoleptics. I still have falls, but no definite answer as to why and no treatment.I don't know anybody suffering from this.I would like to give it a shot though.Any of you ladies dealing with this or maybe know someone dealing with this?

callico

Asked by callico at 10:22 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Health

• have they checked you for muscle problems in your legs? you cant just sit there and accept no reasonable answer for your problem and you need to hound the doctors for an answer to fix your problem!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 2:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yes, they attactched these little electrodes to my legs that shocked me every few seconds. It really hurt a lot. The results didn't show anything out of the ordinary. Really wish I knew what was going on. Just don't know how to find out. I heard of a great doctor in Rhode Island, but that's a bit of a travel for me.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:27 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I've always wanted to know that that was. My mom used to do that. She told me it happened mostly in the middle of the night, rarely in the day. I was shocked so I told her I would stay up all night with her so I could watch what was going on with her. I got up one night, went downstairs and found her standing in the bathroom. She looked like she was falling asleep standing up and was wobbling. I snapped her out of it and told her what was going on. Have someone watch you and describe what's going on. It can help you tell a doctor what is going on.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Something like that happened to my daughter about 3 times when she was about 4. We had all kind of tests done, and nothing was ever found. She is 10 now and fine.
    MomOfTwo1978

Answer by MomOfTwo1978 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008