whats a good treat?

Its freezing cold and im in the mood to bake. whats something good thats semi-easy that i can make and that is not horrible for you?

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It's not real healthy but warm brownies sound soo good right now . . . being pg anything sweet sounds good.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 2:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• he he he I was all set to type brownies until I saw "not horrible for you"

Carrot muffins

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/healthy-carrot-muffin-recipe/index.html
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Apple crisp is a wonderful treat and has lots of fruit and oatmeal. That isn't terrible.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If you have fruit around, you can make a crisp or crumble. Angel food cake is pretty guilt free. You can even make cookies that aren't bad if you have the right ingredients :) I made up a cookie recipe that uses ground oats (pulsed in my food processor until they're almost flour), plus oatmeal, ground almonds, just a little flour (for binding), Smart Balance or butter, and a combination of Splenda for baking and brown sugar. Add in whatever you have on hand: chocolate chips (or chopped dark chocolate, healthy and tasty!), dried cranberries, dried cherries, whatever you like.

Another option is to bake a pie crust, then use the sugar free jell-o pudding (the cook & serve kind, not instant) to make a cream pie. You can use Smart Balance for the crust as well.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:19 AM on Jan. 17, 2009