Ways to induce labor

Like the title says I'm looking for ways to induce labor. Anything is welcome (like wives tales, experiences, medical ways, etc.). I'm just mainly curious and anxious. Jokes would be appreciated too to help pass the time...

Deathlilly

Asked by Deathlilly at 2:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hmmm... i tried everything and can honestly say nothing works. I was almost 42 weeks when they induced me and he was so big i had to get a c-section! I heard walking, sex, spicy foods, pineapple juice, eggplant. Believe me i tried everything. i think that my little boy was very stubborn and still is! They pretty much come when they are ready!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Pitocin and the breaking of my water worked for the first two. I tried everything..they even stripped my membranes. NOTHING. (first was 7 1/2 hours of labor, the second 2 1/2)

My third..I went into labor on my own at 36 weeks. I can't swear to it, but I think the fact that my last baby had just been born 11 months prior had something to do with it!! lol (15 hours)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I was late with both my girls and I was told constantly to try walking...didn't work. Sex...didn't work. Spicy (and I hated spicy)..didn't work...now I LOVE spicy foods though. Even jumping off the curb...I was jumping...but it didn't work Raspberry tea...nope...peanuts....nothing. Basically it will happen when it happens.

My first labor and delivery went fast...I think 14 hrs total. And I was pushing for about 45 minutes...and they said if she didn't come out soon they were going in. She decided to cooperate last minute.

My second was even faster 12 hrs total. We were told that we should expect a 7-7.5 baby (my oldest was 6lbs 7 oz). When the doctor asked me how big they said she would be...he goes...."Uhm......no. Add 2lbs to that." They put her on the scale...9lbs even. Surprised all of us. I remember just hearing...nurses my mom, husband and doctors shout, "Wow, look at those cheeks!!" that's my memerable moment.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I heard the same thing with each of my three...even the early one..."Wow! Big boy!" lol And they weren't really all that big....8lbs 9oz, 9lbs 5oz and 7lbs even
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you can try going to a chiropracter (sp?). I went with my dd, and he showed me presser points on my legs that are supposed to help labor...it didn't work for me, but then again, I don't know if I was doing it right or not.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 2:55 PM on Jan. 16, 2009