How soon does Clomid work when you take it?

Do you have to use ovulation tests often to try to see if it's working? or how does it work..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I was on Clomid for 3 months and decided to get off of it. I always knew when I was ovulating so we knew when our best chance of conceiving was......however it didn't work. 2 months later though we got pregnant, which I have heard happens a lot with Clomid. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• I took Clomid 3 different cycles and got pregnant two of those cycles. You take it from day 3-7 or 5-9 of your cycle and normally people who are on it will ovulate between day 10 and 20 depending on when they take it, etc. So, if it is going to work for a purpose and make them ovulate, it works within about 2 weeks of taking it.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If you're just starting out with Clomid prescribed by your OB/GYN you probably will use ovulation predictor tests. If you have moved on to a higher dose, are also using other fertility drugs, or started seeing an RE you may have to go in for vaginal ultrasounds for monitoring to make sure you are ovulating (but not too much).
    Anonymous

• I was on clomid for three months when we finally got blessed. I did not use ovulation test but did use websites to track my progress and learn how to time myself. My dr told me that day 1 being the first day of my period I would ovulate between days 12-19. Here are some websites I used. I loved the first one.

http://www.ivillage.com/fertilityplanner
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com
    Kellyboot

Answer by Kellyboot at 5:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What Clomid does is it produces more than one egg I had three eggs but one took & have my son : )
    Anonymous