Can I eat Shrimp while I am pregnant?

seafood?

littleforcks

Asked by littleforcks at 10:26 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Depends on who you ask. I ate all kinds of seafood (especially tuna!) when I was pregnant with mine. It wasn't til the last baby that I heard no shellfish or canned fish more than 2 times a week. I can't say that I held to that rule very well, but I didn't go wholehog and eat it every single day either. Ask your doc what he/she suggests and try to follow that rule.
    SensualScents

Answer by SensualScents at 11:53 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You can't eat anything that lives in a shell: lobster, crab and I think that includes shrimp. Nothing out of a can either - no tuna, mackerel or swordfish. All the rest is fine - catfish, tilapia...just nothing out of a shell and no rare fish.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• You CAN, you just have to watch your consumption because of the mercury levels. I had cravings for calamari, shrimp, and tuna last pregnancy and my midwife assured me that they are fine in moderation.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:18 AM on Jul. 18, 2008