Baby that easts OFTEN!!!!

She is nearly 4 months now, and still wants to be fed every 2 hours! this is my 5th baby...so diff. than the others. She seems to stay focused on that ol bottle all the time. She does spit up a lot too...makes a little pig of herself as if she will never get another meal!!! I have already started her on cereal once daily, had to stop breastfeeding b'cause I could not keep up with her demand. Any suggestions?

dhoppe

Asked by dhoppe at 2:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babys at this age are growing more rapidly than the previous months so it's normal if your child wants to feed every 2 hours just make sure this is hunger not thirst coz mine was the same till i discovered that 30 cm water would do the trick say twice daily..and about the spitting mostly it is a sign of over feeding.. as long as her weight gain is normal this is just the normal reflux that happens to all babys and will stop at about 5th or 6th month. then it's better if u postponed cereals till the 2nd half of the 5th month coz an infant's system is still not that ready for semi solid food
    docmamy

Answer by docmamy at 3:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Feed her. Mine were taking 8oz every 2 hours at 6 weeks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would feed her if she is hungry. My daughter went through this and it is annoying and time consuming but it doesnt last forever. Is she gaining weight? If she isnt'gaining weight I would ask your doctor because eating a lot and spitting up a lot and not gaining weight could be a sign ogf a problem.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• She is gaining weight.,she has 2 chins ha!.. learning fast, already wants to hold her own bottle. I have never had a baby this hungry before. Thanks to all who offer your suggestions!
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 9:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2009