If you're on a Mac can you quote people and use Spell-Check, etc?

I was on my sister-in-law's Mac for a week and couldn't do so many things! It drove me nuts. I'm just wondering if I'm just a Mac idiot or if CM isn't Mac friendly.

Jmum

Asked by Jmum at 2:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• With a Mac you can quote people, although the first few times I tried it didn't work at all, then it did. It shows up differently, it'll have everything in brackets and whatnot and as long as you do it before all that stuff it works. Spell-check I'm not so sure about... since I'm a perfect speller I had no need to try it out when I was forced to use my hubby's Mac for awhile, lol. But all in all I think it's just that CM isn't that Mac friendly unless you were to maybe download Firefox for it.
    CherBearCM

Answer by CherBearCM at 2:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Hi Jmum,

The reason you're having these issues is because Safari doesn't support some of the features we use on CafeMom.

Our suggestion is for you to download the latest version of Firefox. It's free and CafeMom works great on it. You can download the latest version for the Mac by going to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox

That should solve the problems you are experiencing on CafeMom.

< The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 3:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2009