flying to indiana with a three month old baby

what should i expect, what do i do about the ears popping

sweetmelissa451

Asked by sweetmelissa451 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure you request a bassinet seat- there are usually only 2 or 3 per international flight. They are very helpful- baby can sleep in there, you can change diaper there too- you will have more leg room, the whole row is mommy's so Bfing id discreet, the flight staff also stops by to see if they can help you w/ anything. I also fly w/ a sling carrier and get up and walk w/baby to stretch my legs and lull baby to sleep, pacifiers, bring extra clothes for both you & baby in your carry on, more diapers then you think you'll need, plastic diaper poop bags to get rid of stinky diapers, bring snacks for you & ask for lots of water for you to drink (you will dehydrate faster then usual because your baby is still recovering from birth). Good luck : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Nurse on take off and landing to promote swallowing which reduces ear popping and pain. Baby will most likely sleep the whole way. I flt to Indiana (I'm from Crawford County) every month or so.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Bottles and/or breast and pacifiers. We flew when my son was 3 months and I timed his feedings so that he would be hungry during take off and landing. He usually falls asleep at feedings and he did just that on the plane! The only time he threw a fit was when we were waiting to get off the plane after we landed. We were in the back and everyone was standing up and it was hot and crowded and he made sure everyone knew he wanted off!! LOL. But other than that he was great. If you have someone else with you, try and have them grab all your carry on luggage while you rush off the plane with the baby ASAP!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009