Does anyone here have a son named Luke??

Im 23 weeks pregnant and Im thinking of naming my son Luke. But everytime I tell someone, they start quoting those Star Wars movies and it gets irritating after a while. And I fear he is going to get made fun of when he enters school. Does anybody here have a son named Luke? If so was he ever made fun of? I know its kind of a weird question. . and my husband is so in love with that name, so we cant really change it. And i liek it too. Ok thanks!

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friend does. I doubt anyone his age will quote star wars. My name is Farrah, I love my name but every time I introduce myself I get ooohhh like Farrah Faucett gee I loved that poster.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have friends with son's named Luke, and they never get made fun of. I doubt Luke has anything to worry about since Star Wars won't be as popular the older he is. It's just everywhere right now because of that new animated Clone Wars film, so people think it's amusing to joke about it, when in reality it bugs you! It would aggravate me too, grrr! Hang in there little sister!
    AshleyKay1983

Answer by AshleyKay1983 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Like Farrahann said, no one your child's age will know about Star Wars. Luke is a wonderful name! If anyone ever says, "Oh like Star Wars?" Just respond by mentioning the MUCH MORE POPULAR Luke, and say, "No. Like the BIBLE!" The only regret that any parent may have with choosing that name, is that Luke is a very popular name. My daughter is a 3rd grade teacher, and had 3 students in one class who were all named Luke. To make it less confusing in the classroom, she called on them by their last names.
    KidsAreAwesome

Answer by KidsAreAwesome at 3:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my BIL is named Luke and he never gets made fun of for his name.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is Lukas, we call him Luke. No one ever quotes Star Wars, except for adults and he doesn't get the reference. He just gives them a funny look and walks away like he thinks they're crazy. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My son is Luke, and he's almost 10.....I LOVE his name.
    The only people that reference Star Wars is US!! My Hubby always tells him.... "Luke, I am your FATHER" in his best Darth Vader voice. We all think it's funny.
    (However, my son Adam hates his name because he thinks it sounds like A-DUMB!! Heehee)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My sons best friend is Luke and they are not star wars fans. My boys and DH are HUGE SW fans and everyone wanted me to name our third LUKE! I said NO WAY! Love the name but could you imagine me telling him that his brothers picked out the name LUke cause of SW! LOL!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i like the name luke but my SO doesnt cuz he thinks i picked it from Gilmore Girls.... i really like that name too =(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 17, 2009