for those of you that have had babies, was baby active in the womb up until the day you delivered?

I am 38 weeks and my boy is still very active, was just wondering if their routine changes at all right before labor?? Can you tell I am anxious!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your baby should stay active unless baby is sleeping. Your question reminded me of a friend whose active baby became inactive one week before delivery. She decided to go to her ob/gyn and discovered her baby had died. So having an active baby is a good thing.
    Pam
    http://fearlessmom.blogspot.com
    Fearless_Mom

Answer by Fearless_Mom at 3:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not with me. Both my girls were pretty calm. But if you have had an active baby from the beginning and suddenly you notice a change...call your doctor to make sure everything is okay.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well, I was induced twice...so they don't really work for what you want. lol

My third, I was in labor at 36 weeks and didn't know it. He was just as active and I thought I was having bad cramps/braxton hicks.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• thanks alot for that answer... gheeze now i will be worried if i dont feel him
    Anonymous

• mine stayed active all through the labor accept when i had a contraction i didnt feel her but after the contraction went away she would kick and bump around. dont worry
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Mine were all very active babies. When I was in labor with my oldest he literally kicked the monitors off my belly a few times. The nurses called him the wild child LOL!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• thanks girls.. just curious! I am so anxious for labor and him to be here!
    Anonymous

• Good luck :-) Hope your baby comes soon! Happy delivery!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my son got less active twords the end cuz he was running out of room! try to play with him and see if he responds. thats what i always did if i got scared. just ran my finger across my belly and he would follow suit with (i think) his whole hand.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• to go along with disheveled answer, gently poke your belly. my kids would poke back when I did that.
    kaysha

Answer by kaysha at 3:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009