• In the Spotlight:

I get induced Monday and Its my 1st time, will I need my SS card at the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't, so long as you know your number you should be fine, they should have it in your file already.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Bring everything with you. If you are getting induced then everything has already been set up...but you still want to have it just incase. Have your hubby or mom...or whoever you trust and you know is going to be there with you hold on to that important information and make sure whoever is with you knows if you are allergic to anything and all that "wonderful" stuff.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you'll need to know the number but you wont actually need your card.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You should have already filled out all of the paper work for the hospital. If you haven't call your dr right now and ask what you will need at the hospital, or call the hospital directly. If you haven't you can stop by pick up all the papers or fill them out there. And now you have nothing else to worry about when you are there except having that precious baby. Good Luck!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 3:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've had four babies at four different hospitals and I've never brought my social security card.
    Pam
    http://fearlessmom.blogspot.com
    Fearless_Mom

Answer by Fearless_Mom at 3:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would think you might need your health insurance card but not your ss card. I don't remember what all I took, but I do remember that I had to call to talk to a nurse at the hospital in L&D a day or two before I was scheduled to go in; they told me what all I needed to have with me and how much before my scheduled time I needed to arrive.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yeah, lovingmomto3, I was thinking the same thing. Didn't you pre-register? If not like she said call and see what you need. I strongly encourage you not to bring everything to the hospital. Your personal information is very valuable and there are a lot of people coming in and out of the room. Even when you aren't in there.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2009