• In the Spotlight:

Miracle on the Hudson...

So, does anyone else think that Pilot Sullenberger is just wow for lack of a better word? He is a hero in every sense of the word and what quick thinking. How blessed those passengers are for his quick thinking and skill.

micrespo

Asked by micrespo at 3:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• He did his job. He remained calm, let the years of training take over, and he landed the plane safely. That was an amazing landing and even more amazing that everyone survived. I think that might qualify as a good day at work!! :-)
    Anonymous

• Yes, I def think he is amazing! I know obviously they are trained for such things, but the perfection (you know, as perfect as a crash can be lol) of putting the plane down in just the right spot was just astounding!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Actually I think all the rescuers are amazing, too. To work together so well and get people off and to safety before they froze to death... just amazing! I can't even imagine what that experience would be like... I only live about 3 hours away in PA and these temps are BRUTAL!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, it was amazing. I'm so glad all those people are alright. I live in Long Island, New York and was following it.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 3:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• All of the rescuers did a TREMENDOUS job, but if it wasn't for the pilot, they wouldn't be rescuing anyone, they'd be recovering lost souls. What amazes me is that he walked up & down the aisles TWICE to make sure everyone was off before he got off himself!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Absolutely amazing! I'm so glad everyone is safe. Everyone did an amazing job to ensure the safety of all. They're all heroes. Of course, what JLee07 says is true. If the pilot didn't stay calm and do everything just right, this would have had a horrible ending. WOW!! When I have to fly again, can I request him as my pilot??? LOL!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This pilot is amazing and this was a true miracle. Equally amazing was the quick and awesome response of the flight crew! And the ferry boat drivers, first responders and everyone rescuing. I think that they are all heros! We witnessed one of God's awesome miracles! It's amazing to me! Not one passenger, not one crew member, no one died. WOW!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 6:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I know...the worst injury they had was one poor woman had her legs broken!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 6:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not a miracle, just a damn good pilot!!!
    SLCMOMMY

Answer by SLCMOMMY at 12:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009