Have you had a celebrity encounter? Describe it!

CharlieBoysMom

Asked by CharlieBoysMom at 10:41 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was in Acapulco in 1984 and they were filming the final episode for Remmington Steelle, I was standing between 2 hotels with 2 other girls, and Pierce Bronsan walked up to us with no shirt on and talked to us for almost an hour Took pictures with us, I was in absolute heaven. What a hottie he is. !!!!!!!
    byuqn

Answer by byuqn at 10:59 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I went to see Art on Broadway and on the way out of the theater, Regis Philbin was coming through the audience- being greeted quietly by people. He was quiet and polite, didn't make a big deal of himself, but reached behind him for his wife and got a hold of someone else by mistake! She was grinning, but he seemed heartily embarrassed.
    CharlieBoysMom

Answer by CharlieBoysMom at 10:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• ha...when I was younger I went with a friend to meet Nick Lachey from 98 degrees (Jessica Simpsons ex) I wasnt a huge fan, I;m not one to drool over a celebrity. But anyway we go through this line and meet them and they asked if I wanted an autograph, I was like No, Thanks I didnt really bring anything with me to get signed. They were lie ehre have this shirt we'll all sign it. I was like oh no thats ok I'm just here with her. HAHAHA it was funny. They couldnt believe I didnt want their Autograph. Even funnier I was watching Their show on mtv bad when it was on and someone else did pretty much the same thing to him, he said that wasnt the first time. lol I wonder how often ppl turn down his autograph!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Wow....I feel so jealous! I've never really met anyone famous. I did go to a Smashing Pumpkins concert (their last) and I did shake Billy Corgan's hand (lead singer). My husband met Guns and Roses at a gas station in L.A. once.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• When I went to the Grand Ole Opry I met Vince Gill. He was very kind and took pictures with us. He seemed very genuine. He asked my Mom about all her kids and stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I haven't met any celebrities but my sis and BIL lived in Vegas for a while. He was at a gas station one night and Ashton Kutcher pulled up in an SUV packed with people and asked him for directions then invited him to go have a beer with them. He was also invited to a private party for some casino opening, Gwyneth Paltrow walked up to him and started talking to him, she thought he was Casey Affleck. He also walked into the Real World Vegas suite at the top of the Palms Casino to fix something and he saw Eminem at the airport. The whole time they lived there, my sister never saw a single celebrity, but he saw tons.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:45 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I saw David Copperfield in Philadelphia about a month ago. He went into the audience looking for volunteers and my 10 year old waved at him. He waved back then looking at me said "hello." Not much of a celebrity encounter but i was certainly star struck!
    Anonymous

• About 10 years ago I was at Universal City Walk. I saw Sinbad walking around minding his own business, with a hoodie on. Then some moron yelled, OMG, it's Sinbad! The poor guy was mauled and had to leave. Couldn't even enjoy a night out on the town alone. When I was younger I played volleyball. I met Gabrielle Reece in person and she signed a poster for me. I thought I was going to die!!! (I was only 14, give me a break) LOL!!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2008