should i homeschool my daughter??

my daughter goes to public school right now, and she saids she never learns anything. she said she learns more at home then at school. should i homeschool her?? i had other kids before that dropped out of school and i dont want that to happen to emily.

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 3:14 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If you think that would be the best bet for her...and you think that she would benefit from it more than she is going to school, then I would. But you need to do what is best for your family. Good luck.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Junior High is a great age to get off that campus - at that age, kids are pretty poisonous for each other. Many school districts have independent study or homestudy programs as an alternative to being in the classroom: you visit the homestudy teacher a couple of times a month, they guide you in what to be reading& working on and your daughter does the work at home. Some schools have a place where she can settle in to do her work - perhaps the library - so she can focus and avoid the temptation to postpone or to turn on TV or music instead of concentrating and learning. Also, although she isn't wasting her whole day on campus she can still be part of school sports, or attend specific classes like science or algebra which you and the teacher choose. There are also home school programs not connected to public school districts. You can find homeschool families on the internet & get their advice ... Good luck !
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If she wants to... I will put my kids in to public school until they start middle school. IF at that point they want to homeschool we will... But I'm leaving it up to them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009