how is this fair

it seems to me we shouldn't have our taxpayers money go towards such things. these mothers should be able to support their families without assistance. they were capable of making, carrying and birthing the children why are they not capable of supporting them?

i just found out that they give medela breastpumps out for free? why should someone who doesn't want to work or do what it takes to get a good paying job get the best breastpump on the market at my expense? i would rather donate the money to a specific family then have the government pass out the money they took from my paycheck for these things.

i worked my way through college went through a month training away from family for my job and pay off my student loans to have a good job and others get what i work hard for for free just because they got pregnant.

not right in my mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Where did you read this?
    Anonymous

• well not everyones life worked out quite the way they planned. i know mine didnt (not that i would change it) but not everyone who has a child is capable of supporting that child. Yes, WIC does LOAN out breastpumps to mothers who are WORKING FULL TIME so they still have the option to breast feed. its not like the government is taking full responsibility for these children. the idea is to help out enough so that they have a fighting chance. no, its not fair but it wouldnt really be right to just throw the infants and mothers out into the streets either would it?
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• they give them out to mothers who are either working and trying to provide for their family or going to school trying to make it in life. whats not right in my mind is someone who has worked their way through school and should understand how hard it is, being judgmental and rude.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 3:19 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I needed assistence when I had my oldest daughter...I was a young single mom and it was a hard decision for me to go get help. I didn't get a breast pump...I was loaned one and had "x" amount of time to use it and return it. If I needed it longer I had to apply for an extension or whatever.

There are a lot of people that take advantage of the system and it's sad. I almost couldn't get help, I had to fight for it. And as soon as I was in a better place (not in the best) but in a better place I took myself off of it.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You should probably just feel fortunate that you have the life that you do and that you don't need assistance. I think it's a little bit unfair to catagorize all of these woman. You don't know their circumstances.
    Anonymous

• get over it sorry.

if you feel that strongly about it dont write about it here on cafemom, write the state about it or something. nothing is going to get done here except complaining and whining.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't know where she read this ,but it is true,and the reason I know,is I have a family member,that just had a baby,and will not work,and she gets WIC,and because she is breastfeeding ,and bottle feeding,they gave her a breast pump.Hud pays 100% of her rent 500.00 in food stamps,and she get's child support.I get very upset at the system,no wonder girls have babies as often as they do.They may have to return the pumps,I don't know.
    Anonymous

• How is it that you think you should decide who gets what. Yes I get it you worked hard for what you got. But just b/c you have made a good life doesn't mean everyone out here has had opportuninties. You know not all of these ppl are just out to make it with out working, some of them are down on there luck, Don't know if you have heard or not>>>>>>>>>>>>But alot of places are letting ppl go who have had a job at that place for years.....Don't piss on ppl just b/c you think you have worked harder than anyone else b/c you have a good job. You know those ppl who work at grocery stores, McD's, trash dumps, ect.... CONT.....
    Anonymous

• They are just trying to make a living too, so what they didn't get to go or decided not to go to college, with out these ppl what would you have. Obviuously there would be no stores for you to spend your hard earned money!!!!!!!!! So if you want to be pissed be pissed at your self for being so dang heartless for your fellow man/women! I swear where do these ppl come from that think that there crap don't stink???!!!
    Anonymous

• people should stop living off the governemnt
    Anonymous