Playboy marketing youngsters? What do you think?

I recieved an email to this article. I found it interesting, and very disturbing. This has nothing to do with whether you think porn is o.k., but what do you feel about marketing a porn company or the porn industry to children? Do you agree that it sexualizes our kids? Do you or would you allow your young child to have these things? Just wondering what you CM think.

ivelostmyself

Asked by ivelostmyself at 3:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• wth?! What normal minded person is going to say that porn is ok for our kids?!
    Anonymous

• THAT'S AWFUL. LET KIDS BE KIDS. THEY DON'T NEED TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY OF THAT
    Anonymous

• http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/printerfriendly.html?articleid=09011307

THIS IS THE LINK. IM SORRY I FORGOT TO ADD IT BEFORE POSTING!!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i agree with you both. but there are so many different minded moms on here when it comes to stuff with their kids, i was curious to see what they thought. no drama, just wondering....
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't like Playboy on kid's clothing or "thongs" for little girls either. Yuck.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks for the link. That really is disturbing. I think children are already too exposed to that stuff. Flip through the channels on tv...and all the shows that should be for tweens do have some sexual themes. It's scary! But if you turn on the news...you hear about rape...you look at billboards and you see commercials for perfume or phones or whatever and they use sex. "This will make you more attractive...and she'll want you...buy this phone!!" What about the car commercial, I forget what car...but she says, when you turn on your car...does it return the favor? I mean come on!!
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if you look at the link, there is another link to a story about a German company who last year was marketing stripper poles for kids. they werent even trying to mask it as something else. they were selling them AS STRIPPER POLES!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Whats worse than them marketing it is the parents who will buy this stuff for their kids. Disgusting on both counts.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 3:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i was wondering if anyone on here WOULD buy this stuff for their kids. no one so far...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009