is it normal to have a little cramping during the first trimester of pregnancy? like period cramps but no period or spotting?

i have had 3 misscarriage before. i have a god feeling i will have this baby but i am still a little ify. cause i am cramping a little no bleeding or spotting it feels like period or ovulating cramps. slitght discomfert in my lower back. i am just kinda scared. can someone please help me?

misty_wagers

Asked by misty_wagers at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had light period like cramps for the first 12 weeks and now have a healthy 8 month old. :) Hope that settles your fears a little bit.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• if you're worried it's best to call your doctor especially with your history. I had severe cramping in the beginning of my current pregnancy but no bleeding and so far everything's been fine. I'm 18.5 weeks and we just found out it's a girl!!
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 3:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ive got the same thing and they keep telling me its normal and it could be implantation pains or your uterus stretching.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, but do take it easy. Drink lots of water even early on if you dehydrated it can irritate your uterus and cause cramps/contrctions.

Good luck and here is some sticky,sticky,sticky baby dust :)

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Yes, it is completely normal to have cramping during your first trimester! I am 8 weeks along and I have cramping pretty much every day. I have back aches as well. I went to the doctors because I had some "spotting" so they did a vaginal ultrasound on me and the baby was fine! I seen the heart beating and everything! If you are really concerend just call you ob's office and talk to a nurse! They are always reasurring! Good luck!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I had cramps from the time I was two months pregnant . I kept having contractions, I don't want to scare you but my son has Cerebral Palsy, Autism,ADD and some others. My message is (all the others were positive) becareful, push the issue if you don't feel its normal, and you can never be too careful when it comes to baby. Ask questions until you get answers. Everything is not always OK. Most people want you to be reassured when you are pregnant because thing are usually fine,and pregnant women worry more than anyone else on the planet, but i will give the advice worry now and maybe it will save you a lifetime of worrying in the future.
    Nik317

Answer by Nik317 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009