Playboy marketing youngsters? What do you think? PIOG

I recieved an email to this article. I found it interesting, and very disturbing. This has nothing to do with whether you think porn is o.k., but what do you feel about marketing a porn company or the porn industry to children? Do you agree that it sexualizes our kids? Do you or would you allow your young child to have these things? Just wondering what you CM think.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/printerfriendly.html?articleid=09011307

ivelostmyself

Asked by ivelostmyself at 3:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't even know where to begin. Unleash the sex kitten within??? Sadly all we can do is teach our kids as early as possible what marketing and advertising really is, a way to make you feel like your inadequate without giving someone money.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:28 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I mean UNLESS you give someone money.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 3:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I hear all the time how much better Europe is than America yet they allow this to happen. I am very much a lover of porn just got through watching a porno a little while ago. I am a swinger and have had more than 30 sexual partners in the last 6 months. I still think what is being marketing to children in Europe is wrong. I love going to Europe to sex parties because they have less hang up about sex than Americans but draw the line when it comes to kids. My kids have no clue how mom is they think I am a boring woman with no life. My 16 year old talks to us about sex and has come to us once when he thought he might have sex. He later decided to wait. I think they should know about sex but this is ridiculous.

Anonymous

• thanks for your input anon. thats what i was wanting, was a discussion, and opinions about this from everyone-whether i agree with lifestyle or not. thanks for posting.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry this is just WRONG! I have nothing against porn for adults, I watch porn films with my husband, but it's NOT for children, and some of the link titles listed there are positively horrifying. I don't think preschoolers should "explore their sexuality through group masturbation" and I certainly DO see something monstrously wrong with "incestous pedophilia". Anyone who is promoting this filth should be booted out of their political office or their psychiatric job and prevented from being around any children ever again. Porn has it's place, and it is enjoyable FOR ADULTS. This is worse than handing your child a pipe and a bag of crack and telling them to use it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm pretty sure there are laws about this stuff. . . I'm all for a good healthy roll in the hay, but hello, you expose a child too young and by the time they are grown they are not stimulated by regular activity any more. It becomes, well, YAWN.

UGH>
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:08 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• this is a little crazy..... no way in hell my furture daughter would have things like that... that is so wrong

this is a reason why so many young girls are getting pregnant and stuff.... all this "media" and everything being pushed in their faces.... be sexy, do this, do that...... its sickning...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• The pencil case wasn't geared towards children? What adult do you know that brings a pencil case to work? These companies are just trying to hit all the demographics and money from every where. they don't have to lie about it.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 12:31 AM on Jan. 17, 2009