dry patches?

4 mo DD has some rather large (and apparently growing?) dry patches, one near her belly button and one behind her right ear.. Ped says it should get better with lotion, but I've been putting on tons and tons of lotion for the past 3 weeks and theyre still growing.. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son has a real dry patch on his little behind too! I would get some aquafor, it works wonderfully and it will go away, just have to give it some more time. If you are really really concerned (mommy gut feelings!) take baby to a dermatologist to be looked at, could be excema and then they could prescribe something to take care of it. Good Luck!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my 4 month old dd also has dry patches behind her ears. I make sure to wash them well (since most baby soap is moisturizing) and put a bit of vaseline on them.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I agree with mamaroberts on this. Aquaphor is great. My son had dry patched/rash on his body and using the aquaphor baby bodywash and lotion helped tons
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 3:12 AM on Jan. 17, 2009