How can I get my 6 month old daughter to eat her veggies?

My daughter is 6 months old and is just now trying 1st foods. i already gave her carrots and she took those very well. yesterday and today i let her try green beans and she did NOT like them at all! should i keep trying or should I just let her pick the foods she likes?

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 3:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• every week introduce a new veggie and see which ones she likes....then buy all the veggies she likes eating and feed her those. so, keep trying. some babies will NOT eat any veggies and if that's the case, make sure your baby eats fruit and takes a multivitamin supplement drop.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Just keep trying. Give it a couple weeks and try again. It took about 4 or 5 different times before my daughter would eat sweet potatoes.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i heard that you should wait a little while between trying it again so that she doesnt end up hating them forever. but dont worry, my son didnt like green beans either at first, i think they're just a ilttle dull tasting to them. try peas! if you make those home made they taste really sweet to baby and she will probably love em and its super easy.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I agree w/ above but my son (11 mos) still doesn't like green beans. He feeds them to the dog first thing right off the tray to the dog. So good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 3:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I was just going to suggest sweet potatoes, LOL, since she already likes carrots. I'd try just a bite a few meals and then try again next week. Peas, are kind of sweet, maybe she'd go for those. There's no reason she should have to eat things she doesn't like, but I think it is good for a child to be exposed to different foods so she enjoys many. My husband's mother insisted that he would NOT eat peas, ever, when I served peas one time. As he helped himself he smiling told her that he learned to eat them in the army- you just ate whatever they put in front of you. Uh, I believe I've wandered off topic, sorry. Anyway, it is nice when someone likes many kinds of foods so I would recommend giving her small samples of a wide variety.

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• re introduce later. their taste buds are just developing at this stage so the taste will continue to change.
    Anonymous

• you are supposed to wait a few days in between the time you give them something different so you know what they like and don't like...and like they say try try again...
    brentond91708

Answer by brentond91708 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009