Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any lawyers or others that could give me some good advice on Utah school spec. ed. laws/

I need help knowing what school officials to ask for help getting proper education for my son and what I think is fit for him.


Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Every state has a protection and advocacy agency that works on these issues as well as other disability issue.Look up national protection and advocacy offices.I think the website is PAIR.I don't remember if it's net or org.Also look up Centers for independent living in utah and your state's govenor's council on develeopmental disabilities all these places can guide you on IDEA laws.

    A great site is wrightslaw.

    I have disabilities and a disabled child if you want to PM me feel free

    Answer by Oimomma at 7:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

  • I'm not a lawyer (lawyers will not give advice over the internet...or they shouldn't) but all you have to do is call your school district's special education department. They will be able to guide you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009