Is there any stay-at-home jobs that AREN'T a scam and that DO work?

I am currently a stay at home mother but the economy sucks nowadays lol and my hubby would really like me to get a job. But i can't stand the fact of putting my baby in childcare...plus i would probably just be paying for daycare if i worked. So i would love to work at home but don't know what is worth doing? Any answers or suggestions?! thanks!

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 3:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are lots of options for you... The real question is are you willing to work? WAH Jobs are few and far between. They usually require 6-8 hours a day and normally you will need a quiet background for answering phone calls. There is a list of them at Momportunity.com and at WAHM.com.

You should also look in to Drop Shipping and working with E-Bay.

I have a home business. I love what I do and I make great money. But there is ALWAYS going to be an investment with businesses... I will be earning enough FROM HOME that my DH will be able to quit his job and come home this year. To check out what I do visit www.DailyPayFromHome.com or call 616-712-1741 and listen to a brief presentation. Contact me with questions.

Good Luck no matter what you choose!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Hey Mama,

There are alot of scams out there, it really depends what you want to do. I have five children ages 13 to 1 year old and I can only work from home. I've been with Shaklee for one year and enjoying it. If you have a moment, check out this video http://content.shaklee.com/shaklee/flash/PowerOfTen/

Best of luck in your search
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Hi,
    It's wise to listen carefully, ask good questions, & evaluate carefully if the opportunity is for you.
    Don't be afraid to research several options, but be careful who you believe. For instance, if you find a website where people are rude or "blasting" other opportunities, you are probably reading from someone who is a competitor trying to discount another home business. However, when you "hear" a respectful tone, even if the information is negative, it may help you think through what you may or may not enjoy about that option. No matter what option you are looking at, there will always be someone who didn't care for it, but there are probably many someone's who love it.
    I personally searched for the right group to work with, researched with the Better Business Bureau, spent time on the website & asked many, many questions until I felt certain I was making a wise decision. I have not regretted it for a moment!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I run a how-to guide to making money online. Check it out here for complete details. Just remember that you need to find what fits you and your needs. Look for payment proofs. I have a list of sites that I have gotten paid from on my site. Good luck in your search!

Sandy

shsteele05

Answer by shsteele05 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• There are several legitimate jobs and businesses available that aren't scams, but like everyone else has already told you, there are TONS that are. I spent almost a year researching opportunities and signed up with AmeriPlan, a health and dental discount provider.

There are pros and cons to both a job and a business, so you have to figure out what would be best for you and your family. Also, keep in mind that getting an at-home job will be much harder than a business. In order to be successful in a business, you have to find something you are passionate about and will make you want to "work" every day.

Good luck in your search!

~Heather
    cccmom3583

Answer by cccmom3583 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• If you are looking for a work at home JOB, I have several resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs listed here:

http://www.workfromhomeontheinternet.com/freelance_work_telecommute_jobs

Be sure to review the ENTIRE page.  Hope you find this information helpful...

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• I spent a few years searching for that "perfect" work at home opportunity and was starting to think there was nothing legitimate out there. Then, I came across Ameriplan. I kept looking for a few months and was still researching Ameriplan and something kept me coming back to them. This really is a legitimate company and a great work at home opportunity. They have sensational training and support and the potential to grow is all yours! And, in these economic times, you couldn't be providing a better service - discounted dental and health benefits.
    If you would like to hear some more information, please call 616-712-1118. Then visit my website at www.freedomathometeam.com/lwalters. I would love to share this with you!!
    Good luck!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 8:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2009