HI, does anyone know how to take permanant marker off of a cell phone? My 2 yr old wanted to color it.

My 2 yr old loves to color, so she got a hold of a permanant marker and somehow my cell phone and decided to color the screen, back, and numbers. does anyone know how to take it off? or does it even come off?

maag2006

Asked by maag2006 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try coloring on it with a dry erase marker and then wiping it off. I've heard that works, but haven't tried it. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser might work too.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Magic Eraser will work
    Mel

Answer by Mel at 3:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Goo Gone works well too, but make sure not to use to much and it has a very strong odor so use it as a last resort.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 4:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Try some rubbing alcohol. I know that takes permanent marker off a lot of things.
    Momma2Jae

Answer by Momma2Jae at 4:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• do you have insurance on it thats all i would know . dont use to mmuch liquard it will get water damage
    grumpyboston

Answer by grumpyboston at 4:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i have heard hairspray gets everything out of everything it got permenant marker off my fridge
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Try rubbing alcohol.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• hand sanitizer.......
    Central_IL_Mom

Answer by Central_IL_Mom at 1:16 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Take a normal pencil eraser.
    Try erasing the surface to make sure that the eraser will not damage the surface.
    Erase the permanent marker area.
    (This may not get permanent marker completely off, and only works for really smooth surfaces. Walls, unpolished wood, printing paper, and such, will not work.)
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 5:38 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• For unpainted wood, sprinkle some baking soda over the area and then wipe it off with a paper towel soaked in isoprophel alcohol

Try using sunscreen.

Toothpaste with baking soda in it, just rub it over with an old toothbrush and then wipe the toothpaste off. Leaves you with a nice clean surface, smells nice too.
    texasMOMto4

Answer by texasMOMto4 at 5:39 AM on Jan. 17, 2009