is it just me or..

are children now a days growing up faster, i was talking to my BIL who is 11 yrs old. and he was talkin about how he's had sex and what it feels like and it disturbed me.. like eww.. i dont want to hear these things.. but really when i was 11 yrs old i dont recall even thinkin about sex, whats making our children grow up faster? is it tv? or is it something their learning at home? or in school? i mean i really want to know..

i have a two yr old and i dont him to be all about sex by the time he hits like 5.. really .. i mean whats happening to our world?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 3:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• You'll be fine. Try not to worry too much. I'm not sure how it has happened with my daughter. We've just always been close so it just happened. I didn't have that type of relationship with my parents either so I'm not sure if I'm doing everything right. But I wanted to make sure my kids knew I was there for them and so far I am. Go with your gut feelings later on when it comes to talking about sex and stuff. You'll do just great. When talking w/ my dd each night I hear about her friends and stuff. The ones with problems are the ones who's parents are clueless. Just try to stay in tune with what's going on when he's older and go from there.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• 11.... I am wondering who would want sex with an 11 year old- surely not an older girl or woman, and an 11 or younger girl? Hmm. I am suspicious that he's been listening to older and experienced guys talk. Otherwise, as you said, ewwww.

Answer by Bmat at 3:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• yea 11.. and the lil girl is his age aswell. but imean i dont know... its just eww! but its not just that, but like my neices are like 12 and 15 and even they are talking about sex and wht not.. my niece that is like 7 is talking about boys and i'm like wth!? uhhg.. i dont know..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't think that it 's kids growing up faster but that something's gone wrong with the way they are being parented. No offense---but where on earth are you in-laws???? What are they doing? If a child that young is doing something like this, I blame the parents, not the kid.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 4:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Four years old are having their rooms done in Hanah Montana themes, and watching her show. Sure, her show isn't as bad as a preschooler idolizing Friends or Scrubs, but still they are watching a show about high school before they hit elementary school. It's absurd really.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:06 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ewwsquared... my in-laws well i only have MIL who is never home.. she works all the time.. so yeah he does as he pleases.. but i means really whts going on.. like little girls are getting their periods sooner and develooping sooner i dont like it!

MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have 7 and 9 year old grandchildren and they are always trying to sit on any man's lap. I have told them not to do that and that it is inappropriate. I tried to explain it to them and they just say My mom lets us do it. I asked her about this and she said I did not. I have put them in time out for that behavior. I hate to call my gk's liars but it is looking like that. They too have HSM and Hannah M. stuff. And they are growing up sooooo fast. There are a lot of influences in school and they tend to lean to other kids. Just pray for them and give them up to God. It might not hurt to take them to Church. and get them into a group dancing or other enjoyment.
    Anonymous

• not meaning to highjack the post, but i posted a question earlier about a link i recieved by email. it was about playboy marketing to young kids. "high heeled" slippers for BABIES with the playboy logo on it, toddler shirts with the bunny on it, etc. in the article was another link about a German company that last year made and marketed STRIPPER POLES FOR CHILDREN! they werent even trying to sell them as another toy-they were marketed as stripper poles! i do agree that our youngsters are growing up too fast and that hannah montana and high school musical do nothing to help with that, but it goes so much further than that!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• also- i have a niece that is 12. there is an 18 year old senior who has convinced her he is her "boyfriend". she has no phone, no computer, the school was made aware of it-but you cant seperate them (my husband would use a gun to seperate them if it was our daughter). but unfortunatley , it is an "in" thing right now with older kids to get "new meat". they can convince these girls they are their boyfriends, and get them to have sex with them, send them nude pics, make out with other young girls. its not because they like 'em young. its because its sex-doesnt matter what form-its still sex.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 4:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ivelostmyself... OMFG THAT JUST PISSED ME OFF.. WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY REALLY??

uhhg i dont know our society our companies.. everything is marketing to children and they shouldnt dont they understand what they are doing to our children?? really.. uhhg..

it scares me! my child is 2.. i can only imagine how things are going to be by the time he hits 11.

uhhhg.. i dont know when i was 10 or whatever.. a tween and even a teenager, i didnt really think about sex because their was so much stuff going on.. uhhg..

i'm kind of peeved now.. our children should not be growing up this quick!!!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009