how soon was your first dr's apt?

this is my second pregnancy, and during my first i was on base and they saw me fairly early, but this time im off base and my dr schecualed the first apt for when i will be 12 weeks pregnant already. does this seem a little late to anyone? or is that normal?

disheveled

Asked by disheveled at 3:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its fine. my sister didnt get one until she was 4 months and mine was i believe at 12 weeks as well.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I found out I was prego pretty early, and they made me wait till I was 8 weeks. So I had to wait about 2 1/2 before I went in for my 1st apt.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no..my doc did the same thing to me since it was my 2nd preg i didn't get seen until about 12 wks
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 3:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I called for an appointment when I got a positive home test, I was about 5 weeks at that time. I went in and he sent me for bloodwork and told me to come back in 2 weeks which is when he did the first ultrasound for the heartbeat at 7 weeks.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 3:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Most dr's won't see you until your past seven wks. My appt was around 9wks.
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I went to my doctor's office the first time around 5 weeks, but I just met with the nutritionist that day and the insurance lady. I didn't see the actual doctor until 11 weeks.
    audreybreier

Answer by audreybreier at 4:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Mine isn't until 12 weeks and I have had 2 miscarriages and no children. :( early apts only seem to cause unneeded worry to most of the women in my due date group. So if you were not high risk in the past I would not worry about it to much.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• mine was at almost 12 weeks they make you wait now so that way they can hear babies heart beat at first appointment
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 3:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2009