can it really do something wrong?

if you are pregnant and you wear shoes and say your feet end up swelling so your shoes are even tighter...

is that wrong? like could it cause something medically?
or does it just MEAN you are swolleN?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my feet got very swollen twords the end. you should ask your dr to check your blood pressure but for me they said there wasnt anything they could do but told me to elevate my feet whenever possible.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 3:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You're feet are just swelling. Its a pretty common sympton of pregnancy. I would just try to wear comfortable shoes as much as possible.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My feet were so swollen near the end. I still have the pair I wore all of the time with my first pregnancy and they're a size larger than I normally wear and extremely stretched out!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first kid , If I didn't put my shoes on ASAP I couldn't get them on, once I even had to go to work without. Swollen feet or very uncomfortable, I would drink more water, eat less salt, and keep my feet up. I don't think that wearing shoes will cause health problems, but if your too swollen you might want to ask your doc. about toxicity or toxoplasmosis I can't remember whar it is called.
    Nik317

Answer by Nik317 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My doctor told me that as long as both feet are swollen, it's fine. If only one is, to call immediately. Keeping your feet up helps.
    Anonymous

• some swelling is normal but if you just all of a sudden swell up badly then it could indicate a problem. I swelled up in like a few days. I had my blood pessure checked and a protein test and they found out I had pre-eclampsia If you think something is wrong, insist on them checking it out fo you. I knew something was wrong and It was hard getting them to listen
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 17, 2009