Any ideas on how I can make my two yera old sleep in his room through out the night

MY two year old ds. Has his own room and and bed just like all my other children. HE falls asleep in his bed after Ive read him stories, That he picks out and like me to read them over and over, I have no problem with this because heck I dont have anything else to do. My life revolves around my kids. Anyway, He falls asleep in his room and I might let him watch cartoons or something until he falls asleep his favorite is count with me Ernie. Anyway about maybe 3 or 4 in the morning he comes and slides in the bed with dad and I and We don't bring him back to his room because by then we dont want to get up because we are sleep . How can I get him to sleep to sleep in his room and bed all night?

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You will have to get up and put him back in bed. Keep doing this and eventually he will stay in his bed all night.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2012

• ^^^^
    What she said. And keep doing it every time he comes in!! I've been there. It took a few days, and yes I was tired, but he got the point and now stays in his own bed.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2012

• Thanks I will try this technique tonight.

BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2012

• I would suggest cutting out tv before bed. He might be using it as a crutch to fall asleep so when he wakes up and it's not on he can't fall back asleep. I agree that taking him back to bed until he gets the hang of it is the best plan. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for a short time to get the long term benefits.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 12:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2012