Who still fears miscarrying?

I've had 2 miscarriages!! One at 11 weeks and 3 days. And a blighted ovum at 12 week and 6 days(but was technically 5 week pregnant with no baby) And i'm scared to death still. I'm almost into my second trimester but because there's no fetal movement at this far a lot it freaks me out because there's really no sign of what's to come!!
If you still have this fear how do you get over it and actually enjoy your pregnancy?

AustinsMommy306

Asked by AustinsMommy306 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OH honey, I miscarried at 10 weeks a cycle before I got pregnant this time. I feel your pain. I am still not over it- I had some cramping last night, which was completely normal, and just freaked out! I am 16 going on 17 weeks and I still have not felt the baby move. I have a great midwife, though, who will check me anytime I get nervous and will let me hear the heartbeat. That helps immensely- ask your pracitioner to double your appointments; go in every 2 weeks instead of every 4, and maybe that will help resolve your worry.
    cornfamilyzoo

Answer by cornfamilyzoo at 11:46 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I was afraid to even tell anyone until 3 months because of too many losses. My little girl had so many issues during the pregnancy. She is now turning 2 in Sept. I prayed, I avoided sad stories and did Everything the doctor told me. Including give up caffine (that was hard!). I just wanted to write saying there are happy endings and I wish you best for your little angel.
    h3art2h0m3

Answer by h3art2h0m3 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I'm so sorry for your loses!
    I worried right up to when they handed her to me. I never got over the fear and worried through out my pregnancy. If I could go back in time, I would take up meditation. I've started using it to help keep me calm in the face of toddler tantrums and it helps a lot.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Is it really possible to get a doctor to do appointments every 2 weeks. Because I've had a healthy pregnancy between my miscarriages so they don't consider me "high risk"!! But i have an appointment next week so i'll bring it to their attention
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I dont think that you ever get over it. I had a m/c in 1999 and with the rest of my pg's I worried and worried that something would happen. I dont think it (the fear) ever goes away.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 12:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I went through a Miscarriage with Identical Twins, and with my other 2 pregnancys I was so afraid I would have another miscarriage. At Walmart, Babys R Us, Target and Meijer they have Baby Dopplers. Its a small box that you lay on your tummy with headphones for you to wear so you can hear the babys heartbeat. This has helped me through all my pregnancys. I would suggest you buy one of these. They are great and not expensive! Hope this helps some. Good Luck Momma. and Relax! :)
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 12:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i will always fear it and only have had one miscarriage. I think i am barely telling anyone when i do get pg again. till i know im at least past first trimestera dn then hope for best.
    mamakristena210

Answer by mamakristena210 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I am on week 29 and I still have the fear that I will deliver too early. When does this fear go away? I will let you know.
    DaisySmile

Answer by DaisySmile at 1:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I misscarrind at 11 weeks. With my second pregnancy I was so worried and paranoid and not near as excited. When I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks I started to calm down and finally started buying things for the baby. It made it more real for me and calmed my fears to see him on the screen. When I got pregnant for third time, my attitude was totally different and I wasn't near as anxious. I did calm down with my second but with my third was still even more relaxed. I guess I am just saying, with time it will get better.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:35 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I've had 2 miscarriages and 3 babies... with each one I worried. I don't think it every goes away.
    allord

Answer by allord at 8:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008