How fast will I see results from an elimination diet?

If any moms out there have done an elimination diet or know anything about it, please help! I have put my son on an elimination diet (started Monday)...no dairy, food colors, yellow foods, chocolate, sugar, junk food, fried food...etc.
Has anyone tried this or know anyone who has? It's a two week thing and then gradually I add foods back in. I'm doing this to see if it works before possibly giving meds. I'm wondering since it's a 2 week thing, is that how long it takes to see results?

jami00007

Asked by jami00007 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Dairy takes weeks to get out of the system.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:05 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I did an 8 week elimination diet with my 4 year old on the autism spectrum. It takes 6 months for gluten to get out of the system. I removed everything and saw great results. She was gluten/casein free for one year, then I added some gluten and casein in with enzymes. Over 2 years later, I did an IGG blood test for allergens and found out she was also severely intolerant to yeast, eggs, and some nuts. Currently she takes enzymes for gluten and casein and I usually don't give artificial dyes, additives.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 10:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009