Why am I spotting in the middle of the month? (Warning TMI)

For the last two months I've been spotting (enough to fill a tampon over the course of the day) for two or three days in the middle of the month. WHY? I'm TTC and I don't understand why this is happening. Last month it was mostly dark brown, but this month it's bright red. I shouldn't start for at least two more weeks. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Health

• It's normal for your body to do this from time to time. If you have had any recent weight loss/gain, tyroid, hormonal or stress can cause this. Just drink plenty of water and keep up on your vitamins to regulate your folic acid levels.
    Jennielee_1975

Answer by Jennielee_1975 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If you've had any changes in the last few months, like coming off of birth control, that might cause it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I've been off BC for over 6 months now
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 4:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Sorry, I don't have any other ideas. I have read many times that sometimes it just happens for no reason, but I know that's hard to believe when it's not normal for you. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I would spot when I was ovulating for quite a while. Very annoying, but nothing serious. Two months of BC straightened it out, but since you are TTC, that wouldn't be a helpful solution.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009