Imbolic

This year I am trying to celebrate the Sabbats more.

What would you recommend or what did/do you do for Imbolic?

Thanks in advance.

Blessed be.

anetrnlov

Asked by anetrnlov at 4:22 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IMBOLC! Sorry its just such a fun word to randomly blurt out at the top of your lungs. Try it you will see.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 4:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL :-)
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What, on earth, is Imbolic??? Could you restate this in a way that makes sense please?
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Imbolic is a Pagan Sabbat that is celebrated February 1st or 2nd depending on who you talk to. It is the first of the spring holidays.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Here maybe this will help. Then tend to have great ideas and recipies... yada yada...
    http://paganwiccan.about.com/od/imbolcfebruary2/Imbolc_February_2.htm

Personally it's usually to cold here for me to get out. But I set up a small alter and do some cleansing on the house. Both spiritually and physically. I also watch the groundhog since I'm only a few hours from him... And then we have a special dinner... I don't know what I'm makeing this year...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Thanks Sabrina. I will check it out. It is usually pretty cold here so being outdoors will be difficult.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• If it's not TOOO cold here I will probibly take the kids out for a holf hour or so to look for the first signs of spring... But if the're a foot of snow, maybe not... lol! We'll just have to look from the window.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We always plant something. And while we do we talk about our goals for the year. As we tend the plant throughout the year it adds to our spell so that our goals and new begginings will grow with the plant (which could be as simple as a potted herb in which case get rosemary bc its SUPER hard to kill!) Its also a great way to show your kids how goals and desires take care and hard work. We make the corn dolly too and give an offering to brigid.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We celebrate that winter is over 1/2 over. Think about what kind of plans you made for the new year and at the beginning of winter. Are you working toward accomplishment or do you need to reevaluate your goals.? Learn some history about Imbolc. HOw did you ancestors celebrate? Imbolc means "In the belly"...research that. Light some red/orange/yellow candles to represent the sun. If you have snow, gther some and let it melt slowly.....while its melting imgine what the coming spring will bring for you and yours.......feasting is always good too lol.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009