if their are single moms reading this How do you do it alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• i have been separated from my husband for almost a year... so i was a single mom actually. (we lived in different countries).

and i think it wasnt any different. guess it depends on how many kids u got. we only have one ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Be proud..Show others that you don't "Need" a man to survive..Live for your kids !! Make sure you put them first..Dream of the day that they will thank you for all that you have done for them! LIVE for your kids..while making yourself better on the inside.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i was divorce for 12 yrs and 11days. so it can be done. it's not easy but gets easier as they get older. also if your teaching them right and providing good values then it's certainly easier when you have good children. i have great kids so it works out most of the time. now i'm married so it's even better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• this is a tough question because there arent any real answers to it. you just do what you have to do to take care of your child. you take help when its offered and do the best you can with what you have. you live for your kids and make the most of every moment you get to spend with them. its hard but its so worth it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• When you said "single mothers" are you not getting any child support or helps with the system? Are you doing this solely by yourself? If you are raising your child with no help from the bd or the system then you can consider yourself "single mother."
    Anonymous

• you can be considered a single mother if you are single and a mother. it has nothing to do with child support.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is hard and I find myself more frustrated with things like yard work and home repairs. finances are tight, but we have alot of fun. Instead of going out we play alot of board games, go hiking or bike riding. It gives us good quality time and she doesn't know we don't have money for other things. I think my life is way easier now than it was living with a drunk jerk. I was doing most of the work anyway and now I do it in peace with no drama :) You asked me on a good day...ask again when I've been up late trying to deal with my pipes or something and you may get a different answer LOL!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Well, by that I meant financially. Some single women complained that they are single mothers and are raising their children on their own. However, the reality of the situation is that they receive paychecks from bds and helps from the system.
    Anonymous

• if their are single moms reading this How do you do it alone?     With DETERMINATION!  And a good sense of humor.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Some single mothers do get child support and help from the government, some dont. Either way it can still be hard to raise a child by yourself. It all depends on the parent and how they raise their child. Just becuz the father isnt there doesnt mean the child will turn out bad. Having two incomes makes it easier but if the mother had a good job she can take care of her child by herself. Yes it is hard raising a child by yourself, but if you have no choice you just have to do it and take help when its offered to you. Hopefully you have a supportive family who helps out.
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 16, 2009