how much does your toddler drink?

My 19 month old drinks over 100 oz. of fliuds a day is this normal?? i give her a quarter juice and the rest water and i refill a 10 oz cup like every 30 to an hour.

CaityMarie

Asked by CaityMarie at 4:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That sounds like a lot. My daughter mainly drinks milk she has about 3 8 oz cups of Whole milk every day and very little juice water mixes about 2 cups per day. She just really likes her food!! lol
    In the summer I am sure she will drink more it is usually about 110 here!!!
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Not normal for here!

Shoot...adults are only supposed to have at least 64oz a day!!!

My sons get roughly 24oz of milk a day and maybe another 20oz of water/juice or water. More if they ask, but no where NEAR 100oz!!!

How does she eat after all that liquid?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Definitely ask the pediatrician b/c excessive thirst can be a symptom. My dd is 19 months and drinks maybe 30-35 oz all day.

Anonymous

• My daughter used to drink at least a gallon of water a day ontop of whatever else she could get her hands on...We did live in Las Vegas so that could have been part of it. She still drinks a lot of water but not as much. I also agree with the anonymous person who said to contact the pediatrician. Drinking lots of water can be a symptom of Diabeates....but don't dwell on that until you know all the facts....
    hollymmm

Answer by hollymmm at 6:00 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Talk to your doctor ASAP. This is not normal. Even if she doesn't have a health problem that is causing excess thirst, drinking that much water can cause problems.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• too much!! talk to her dr, your body can drown by drinking too much, not making it up look it up, thats too much for an adult let alone a child, plus is she having any other symptoms, urinating a lot? sleep habbits, dry lips, weight loss?? talk to the dr
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009