With financial issues i had to get a full time job and my son has recently been acting out how can I change his behavior?

hotmomma254

Asked by hotmomma254 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try and take up as much one on one time as possible and it usually takes a good 3 weeks for a routine to set in.
    Good Luck!
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Its completely normal to have that happen. My dd had to get a job last yr when her son turned one and it took a good month for him to get used to the change. Keep a steady schedule and consistency that way he has structure and he should be fine.

Answer by gemgem at 4:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This is normal... Happened to my nefew, but sometime after about a month or so he started to do better. It just takes kids a while to get into a new routine.
    heather_84

Answer by heather_84 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Also (ontop of what the other moms have said) I would recommend that you never leave withought saying good bye. Alot of parents tend to sneak off adding to a childs anxiety that their parents could dissappear at any given moment. (thus leading to a clingy child) If your child isn't old enough to tell time but has a consistant day usually you could try saying things like " Mommy will be back after dinner, or nap time etc". Hope this helps.
    shellby22

Answer by shellby22 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009