Christian Mommy Help?

im a SAHM with a 19 month old daughter. she pretty much entertains herself so i do housework and other things. i read a devotion and chapter in the bible everyday. i do spend a lot of time doing other things like watch a show or get on the internet. i just found out im prego so i have been terribly sick, i still read my bible daily but i feel like im not doing enough for God. Should i feel guilty??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not Christian but I still wanted to say....God knows what is in your heart. If you are sick, you are sick and God knows this. You cannot care for yourself, your daughter or your unborn child if you are over extending yourself. I do not believe there is any reason you should feel guilty.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• It's natural to feel that way. But just try and remember that he is there for you. It may not seem like it. But also you do not receive everything you ask for. If you are sick a lot and the sick pills that your doctor gives you makes you pass out ask if they will give you Zofran. That is what i had to take or I couldn't work, but I would be sick all day if I didn't take them. I hope you get he feeling better, and remember that you are not alone. Think positive and do your best.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Of course you should not feel guilty. I have four children and went throught that. There was an older woman in my church that told me, God expects for you to be a mom above all things first. This is just a season in your life as a woman of God. When this season is over God will open the door for you to do more things. Be encouraged and take care of yourself and your babies. God Bless.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 4:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I pray more than I read my Bible. Prayer is something I have time for. Finding 5 minutes a quiet with a two year old a 4 year old is darn near impossible. If God wants you to do more for Him, he is more than capable to change your situation to make that possible. Find a children's bible and read your DD stories out of there. My mom found really cute ones on CBD.com. That way you are teaching your daughter about God as well. Which I'm sure is something that God expects us to do :) I hope you start feeling better.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:18 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I like to listen to praise and worship music around the house and in the car...that way even though I'm cleaning or whatever it's still time praising Him.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• No need to feel quilty. Check this out:
    Mothering Without Guilt: A Mom's Ordinary Day Bible Study Series
    By: Jean E. Syswerda
    More in A Mom's Ordinary Day Series
    Zondervan / 2003 / Paperback
    http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=47152&netp_id=305607&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW&view=covers
    More studies also to choose from. Good luck!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't think we'll ever be able to "do" enough for God. We all have seasons in our lives. Right now is your time to spend taking care of yourself while you're pregnant. Just continue to read your Bible and then as you go about your daily work, just talk to God like he's a friend.
    Anonymous

• i think we could always do more and like me i always feel like tomorrow i can start but i never do. i just try to do what i can and provide the service i'm giving through church. like do my visiting teach and attend church and make sure that we have family home evening and teach our children the gospel. we as parents are solely responsible for that so i feel happy knowing that i'm doing the most important job by teaching my children. maybe you could pray more. if the lord needs you to do more he will tell you.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• ok keep holy the sabbath day is the only thing in the bible that asks you to spend time, where do you get that you have to read the bible every day!!! all you have to do is be a good person and be honest and good and you have no worries, you dont need to spend hours praying or reading the bible to be a good person....enjoy your kids and give them a happy life its simple
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Just fall in love with Him more. Ask Him to show you all the ways He shows His love as you read your Bible, and don't concentrate on "doing," but "responding" to His deep love for you.
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 11:33 AM on Jan. 17, 2009