For mom's that go to school online

I just started to work again. I was just supposed to be part time ONLY 20 maybe 25 hours. Well because I'm miss dependable I got me 31 hours this next week... I've already talked with him about it. Anyway how do you handle an over scheduled week? Between kids house works and work? It's not like nice strait hours. I have three split shifts. Advice is very welcome!

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 4:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• I see my kids for three hours max each night because I work 35 per week. Make sure to spend a solid 15 per day in child led play with them. Then, set a timer for 30 min to get the housework done each night. After 30 minutes, be done. Whatever is left to clean will still be there tomorrow and can be done in tomorrow's 30 minute chunk.
    I start school next week and have to seriously make this a part of my schedule. Otherwise, both my kids and I will start to resent each other and the house will implode.
    Don't stress. You'll be fine. And work is a good way to get out and meet people. Any one, who is under 4 foot and demanding of all your energy and time! :)
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:34 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I work 20 hours from home and 16 out of the house and I know what you mean about feeling "overbooked". I'm actually over due right now and I'm getting induced next Friday, but I'm not taking a leave from my home job or school, so its going to get even more hectic and I'm getting nervous about it too. The PP has a good idea about limiting housework to a set amount of time. The only thing that really helps me is to keep a really good calendar. If I can look and see "I work from this time to this time and have 2 assignments due tonight" at least I know where I stand and can do what I need to do.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I keep an appoinment book for everything work related and school related. It helps me keep track of what I need to be doing. During the week I only tidy the house, on the weekends when I have more time it gets cleaned. I work full time (40 hours) and am in my last semester of graduate school online (12 credit hours). If you want to succeed you just find the time.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 16, 2009