is it safe?

I'm going to my dentist next month, and they will do x-rays, is that safe?
I'm 7 weeks pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they say that you should not be xrayed while pregnant i know that when i went to the dentist i was suppose to have a note from my doctor saying if it was safe for me to be xrayed but i didnt get it
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• nope. they are not allowed to do x-rays when you are pregnant. no matter how far along you are
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you need to tell them that you are prego.. they won't de x-rays unless it is absolutly ness. then you and they will have to make sure that the jacket covers you very well.. if you can go with out them i would, why take the chance!
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 4:41 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• NO! they should ask you if your pregnant first. but do not get any XRAYs. thats what my doc said to me. i dont know about all the other stuff but im sure getting a cleaning should be fine.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• my doc said no xrays unless necessary but regular dental is ok.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• **regular dental cleanings

sorry
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They can put a double vest to protect you. I had it done at 8 weeks. A cleaning is fine but they recommend doing all other work during the second trimester. Just tell the dentist you are pregnant. They will take the necessary precautions.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• no too early, make sure you tell the dds, they may double up on the lead gown or take the digital xray instead of the full head one, also there is a novicane they must use as the normal one has a chemical that can induce labor, tell the dds they will know what is safe
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They might ask you for a permission slip from your OB. Most likely they won't do x-rays on you, they'll just give you the cleaning. Make sure you tell them you're pregnant. I went to two different dentists in the beginning of my pregnancy. One wanted a permission slip to do the x-rays from my OB, but still wouldn't do them. The other just said the x-rays could wait until after I have the baby,
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:44 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• NO it is not safe let them know you are pregnant
    Anonymous