Rasism in America?

I am biracial with black and white and just would like to see how you as an individual to view this question ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Racism is alive, well, and thriving. I disagree with the poster who said she doesn't believe there is much racism in the United States and that we make it bigger than what it is. I deal with racist comments every single day. It wears you down and beats at you. While we say that racism comes from all people: true. But the reality is that minority people experience racism very differently than of a white citizen in this country. I have seen a black woman denied her money at the bank because she couldn't produce three forms of identification. While I didn't have to show not a single i.d. She was given a very nice gift card and access to her money after I stepped in to say something. I see it all day everyday. I could give hundreds of examples. cont...

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What is the actual question?
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• What is your free opinion good or bad on racism in America? duh
    Anonymous

• Yea what is your actually question cuz I am Asian and I married to a mixed man Black and White like yourself.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Some white ppl are racist, some black ppl are racist. Oh well, get over it .Duh.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Racism exists everywhere in America. Believe it or not I experience a lot of racism in schools and sport teams and now as an adult in the working world. Racism does not only exist with black or white but with all races.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i personally think racism isnt as prevalent as everyone says. i think people build it up so much that it seems like there is more racism then there actually is. i also dont believe that only white people are racist. that really pisses me off. white, black, asian, indian, hispanic, anyone can be racist against any race! but i dont think its as bad anymore as it used to be.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I have a mixed sister. I don't want there to be racism, but I know there is.

I had a boss tell me not to hire black people unless I didn't mind them being late. Then I got in trouble for saying something to our mutual boss about it. I was told I was not being a team player. The guy was such a racist sexist pig it was awful, but he plays golf with the right people. Blah.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i dont get the questions. racism is all over the world its no going to go away it may hurt to have people judge by your race but thats life and sometimes life sucks
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I personnally think people are more ignorant than racist. I think people have stereotypes about groups of other people because they are ignorant or uneducated. If someone or something is different than us, we automatically use ourselves as a basis for what we think is right. If that someone or something doesn't match "us" then we think it is wrong. I think that is human nature. I don't think that is the right way to think, but I think that is what happens They have shown animals to exhibit "racist" behavior against others who are different than them. It is sad that it happens, but it does everyday!!
    Anonymous