Tellling People...

im almost 7 weeks pregnant and have a 19 month old and have had a previous chemical miscarriage this last year. i have told a couple people but not my DH family or mine. Basically just a few friends. i feel terrified to tell them because i fear soon after i will miscarry. i feel bad cause none of my friends undertand why i have been so sick and tired. but i feel pressure telling them?? any advice? is this ridiculous?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not at all! you dont need to tell anyone. that is a very personal thing and noone besides you and your dh have any right to know whats going on in your life. i went through the same thing, and i hated not telling anyone because i was scared of miscarrying (which i already had one in the past). Just take it easy,and tell them your just not yourself lately. the time will fly and youll be able to tell them soon enough
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:42 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i had my 2 girls close together and just couldn't get myself to tell any one. i guess i didn't want to hear how they felt on the matter. i was 5-6 months prego before i told anyone... but sometimes it helps to tell someone so they know where you are coming from and you have someone to talk to about it.
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 4:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Take it slowly, try to not stress over anything, that's is not healthy for you.... I don't know how it feels, but a friend of mine did, I didn't know how to act around her, so just be patient about your friends if you feel that they don't understand. Take your time, and whenever you are ready to tell them you will, don't pressure yourself.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about telling people so much. Just take care of yourself and once you've made it to the 2nd trimester, then tell everyone. We told our parents right away, but, with friends we actually waited until 18 weeks (when we found out the gender) that's when I started to show pregger belly too.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i know how you feel i lost my first pregnancy at 8weeks and felt so bad after having told everyone, take your time and when you feel safe then tell for me it was the first sonogram where i coudl see him and felt it was ok, but dont worry about what might happen the fact is you are pregnant now so its ok to tell everyone! i wish you luck
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I understand...but will they find out anyway? Will they be there to support you during good and bad? Hang in there.. I miscarried in Sept and I had already told a few people but they were all there for me...and are so happy for me now that I am 13 weeks and have a strong heartbeat!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:26 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• We didn't tell anyone until 12 weeks! Only my best friend and husband knew. My OB sorta scared me and told us we couldn't be sure until we heard a heartbeat at 12 weeks, so we didn't tell anyone. I hated not telling people and felt really alone. It was the worst time in my whole pregnancy! But, it was all for the best knowing that we wouldn't tell everyone and then have to go tell them the bad news if I'd miscarried. My primary care doc. told me he and his wife always told people at 10 wks,
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:42 AM on Jan. 17, 2009