Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone please help me...

Im 25 and have two kids..ive been married for a little over 4 years. Im a stay at home mom and have been for the last 3 years..since my first child was born. My husband is very abusive..he hits me and yells all the time. He has cheated and got another woman pregnant. I want out of this relationship but i have no money and no place to go that is near my family doesnt have the money to help and they are all on the west in indiana. I have nobody. What can i do? I have no money and im scared. I dont have any proof of his abuse.. he is a terrible father. All i want is to get my kids and myself out of this safely. This state has such dumb rules about things im scared to say anything..he says he will take my kids if i try to leave. Please help...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • first, start by reporting the abuse. you need to have a track record of that. if the abuse is documented properly, he cant get your kids. as far as getting out, im not too sure. i know they do have aid for people, but im not sure how that works, im sorry

    Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:46 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Can you pack up the essentials for you and your kids and just go to your parents. I'm sure that they can put you up so that you can get out of the situation and start divorce proceedings?

    Answer by Lacey1012 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Sorry you are going thru it. You need to leave this man ASAP. Can you ask your family to fly you to the West Coast? He cannot take your kids away from you. Report the abuse first in that way he cannot take the kids away from you. When you get divorced its his fault you guys are divorced cuz he has cheated and got other women pregnant.

    Answer by aznblond9 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • He can NOT take your kids!! Take what you need and drive anywhere else but can find an emergency shelter or safe house that will help you get on your feet by connecting you with the right places.

    Answer by 12crazykids at 4:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009


    This is a list of domestic violence shelters in your state. GET TO ONE IMMEDIATELY. Better to be in a shelter than in the morgue.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • Please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233). They can provide:
    -Crisis intervention, safety planning, information about domestic violence and referrals to local service providers
    -A direct connection to domestic violence resources available in the caller’s area provided by a Hotline advocate
    -Informational materials on such topics as domestic violence, sexual assault, battering intervention and prevention programs, working through the criminal justice system and related issues

    Answer by evwsquared at 5:07 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • When you connect with a shelter, they will help you plan a safety plan and an "escape plan" for how you can leave. You don't need money to leave. You have many people in your community who desperately want to help you. You just need to reach out to them and give them the opportunity.

    Answer by evwsquared at 5:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • If you can get to a phone, dial 911 without him knowing, put the phone down and let them hear the whole thing, they will send help. You need to get out of this relationship before he seriously hurts you.

    Answer by PreciousJewelle at 5:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • please get out. go to the bank take out as much money as you can and drive....keep driving until you feel safe. dont contact him let the lawyers handle it. my neighbor was in your boat and her hubby held a gun to their 13 year old daughters head, he didnt shoot but still. he let a gun off in their house to scare them. the kids are a mess right now and hate their mother because she refused to leave him. he passed away 2 years ago (drugs) and things are finally getting back to normal

    Answer by Kennadismom at 9:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

  • I would get the kids and go to the police station im sure they know what to do

    Answer by georgesmommy31 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.