thats alot of money

im a big supporter of obama but im against this big economic bailout. i think 800 billion dollars is too much money to be spending on another bailout when the first one hasnt even worked. what do you think of obamas stimulus plan

symle456

Asked by symle456 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Madge:Banks have gotten too big.

I agree. EVERYTHING got too big. We do not need 2 Wal-Marts in one town. We do not need A target, a circuit city, and a best buy in one town. We don't need 6 new subdivisions when there are existing houses for sale.  Its the circle of business life. So, busineeses need to thin out and consumers need to make BETTER choices of quality products.In England they have a law that you cannot build a new building if there are a certain number of vacant buildings available. I actually think more small towns should do this and let's start filling up the small down towns again.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Bailouts don't work. They pump amounts of money into the system that won't be there next year, so the recession will continue. I think we need to let these companies figure things out a little more for themselves.

I'm not for losing millions of American jobs, either, but I think if all they have to do is ask for money, they will never learn to fix their own problems.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• to stimulate the economy you stimulate the citizens. not by bailing out but my giving the citizens of the US an equal share of the 800 billion with the 14million or so citizens we would all get 400K roughly and we pay back say half of that to the government, wouldn't people stimulate the economy with their spending. with 400k that would help people pay off their homes, cars, buy better cars, buy what they have cut off, buy for supplies for there stores or open up businesses, pay off health care or debts and the companies get their debts paid off, people could afford day care and then start to work or buy more food, etc. i know some people are drug addicts but they to buy stuff then just drugs at times they to have to eat and buy bikes or cars to get to the drug dealers house. maybe just maybe less drug dealers cause they wouldn't need to sell drugs anymore. i know some that do it for the money cause it's get rich quick
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I do not know how a nation gets out of an economic slump with a Big Fat Deficit.
    My opinion, we need more tax cuts. We need to encourage businesses to come to America. We need to slash the corporate tax.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm against bailouts. A bailout (or handout) doesn't teach the companies being bailed out how to restructure and change their failed business plans. I'm all for the good old chapter 11 bankruptcy. There can't be anything more humbling than that.

Banks have gotten too big. If they were allowed to fail we could return to small neighborhood banks who really give a damn about their customers instead of these huge conglomerates who only care about how much they can suck out of you.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• grlygrlz -- I think you and I should be running this country.
    Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I actually think more small towns should do this and let's start filling up the small down towns again.

Pardon me, I meant to say I think more states should do this so that more small towns can have a chance to fill up their towns again.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• LOL.. And you are more liberal esque too arent you?

That would be a cool Ticket.

I will let you have the President slot. I am more of the behind the scenes (tell me who you want to take care of kinda gal). 

Anywho, I just see too much governmental involvement leading to more business problems down the road.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i think its crap... just a way for him to say "he's trying".... what do u all plan on doing with it? were not putting no money into the economy... if we do get one were putting towards our debt along with the tax refund....

it might give a little boost but then what? it will just go back to the way it was
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• 825 Billion.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 16, 2009