IM SICK W A THE FLU- 20 WEEKS PRENANT- WHAT CAN I TAKE? PLEASE HELP!

I CANT BELIEVE MY OB'S OFFICE IS CLOSED- AND I CANT REMEMBER WHATS OK- AND WHTS NOT-
PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!

KITTYLITTLES

Asked by KITTYLITTLES at 4:49 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you cant take anything that will dry up your sinuses at all! i dont htink there is much you can take. i know you can take tylenol, but other then that im not sure, im sorry. but definitely no medicines that are menat to dry up anything!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:51 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Benedryl and Tylenol
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• They told me I could take sudafed and tylenol, but I decided to skip both, I got paranoid of having any kind of effect on my baby. All I had was lemon tea, just put to boil couple of slices of lemon and drink it! Good Luck!
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 4:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• mint tea is good too. And sudafed makes a plug in thing that has mentol that works wonders! No messy humidiier needed!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This is a list I got from my dr.
    Tylenol, Robitussin for Cough, claritin , Claritin D or Chlortrimeton for allergies, sudafed or Afrin spray for congestion, unisom for sleep or nausea, benadryl, chloraseptic throat spray or lozenges, tums, mylanta etc.. for heartburn, Colace for constipation, mylicon, gasx pr phazyme for gas. Hope you feel better.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• YOu CAN NOT take anything with the D ingredient.
    You can have tylenol and drink lots of fluids.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 5:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• nothing really helps the flu. just lots of fluids and rest. if you have aches and pains, then take regular strength tylenol, if you're stuffy take regular claritin or sudafed (not the D though) and use saline drops for your nose and a humidifier. hope you feel better soon! I know, it stinks being sick while pregnant.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Tylenol for aches and pains, a dose of a zinc supplement will shorten the duration, increase fluid intake by 50%, saline drops and humidifier
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• nothing it is unsafe too take any meds with out your doctor ok everyone is different and so is every pregnancy i would call and see if they have a 24/hour nurse on call most office do
    Anonymous