when to test?

Okay, long question.... I lost the last pill before the sugar pills, but had sex anyway. He didnt pull out. That was on Dec 29th. I got really sick and took anitibiotics (which render BC pill useless). This week, I spotted brownish for 2 days. My emotions are EVERYWHERE. And breasts are tingly. Is this all normal for not being on pills anymore? When should I take a HPT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When should you have started your period? If you're late, test.

By the way...him pulling out or not doesn't have anything to do with it. That is NOT a form of birth control.
    Anonymous

• When something like that occurs while you are taking BC pills, it can cause "breakthrough bleeding" or spotting. If you are generally worried, it is best to take a test after your period is one week late, to be sure.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• you want to wait to take a test until you figure youd be about four weeks pregnant. so four weeks from the time you had sex. anytime before that would be a waste of money because your hormone levels wont be high enough
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• pulling out DOES NOT (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) work anyway.. doh..

take a test when you are late..and late means about 1-2 weeks and not 1hour
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I don't think you are pregnant. You would have had to O on that last day, which on the pill is day 21. BC tricks your body into thinking you O. So your body probably didn't just O right then. I bet you will start your period soon. Like around the time you normally would when the sugar pills run out. I wouldn't waste money on a test until you are over a week late.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Take a test 10-12 days after the day you had sex. If you had ovulated then you may be pregnant. But lots of pregnancy symptoms are the same as AF symptoms. Very annoying I know. I got my positive 10 days after I ovulated.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 6:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009