I feel like I am a burden at times... how would you feel?

My husband and I had a rough year (5 months with no money coming in). I am just happy that we did have a savings account. I decided that I do not want to go through life from dead end job to dead end job. I got accepted into a great registered nursing program and I already had the pre req's out of the way!!! I start in a few months. I am excited about school, and the possibilty of a great job, but I can't help but feel useless to my DH. He is going to work 2 jobs so I can go to school, and he is very supportive. The nursing program is pretty intense you are in school for 20 hours a week and have 30 hours of homework every week... they do not recommend working during school (at least no more than 20 hours a week). How would you feel if you were in the same situation? What do you think? Thanks

heather_84

Asked by heather_84 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• If he is supportive of you, then you should not be too hard on yourself. Look down the road ahead of you. Once done with your program, graduated, registered, and working, you will be able to allow him to take some time off so he can follow a passion or interest of his own. Either way, the two of you are working as a team no matter who makes how much money at which point in the relationship.
    I wish you much success!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Giterdone! Make it up to him by sending him to school when you are done :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• youre not a burden! you are bettering yourself which will better your family! think about the long run, dont worry about right now. if you worry about right now, youre going to do that the rest of your life! when you are done with school, you will be set financially, and you will be so happy you went through the hard times, because in the end it will all be worth it
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You are doing something that in the end, will provide income for your family. That is amazing! You are not a burden, you are bettering your family and it sounds like he is very supportive of this choice. Good luck!
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:36 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• He's making an investment in the long term. Remember that.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:47 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• You are making a fabulous investment in your family's future. You will have such good job security once you complete your program. You're just showing how partnership works. I have a feeling he sees a great benefit to him and your family in doing this.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 6:39 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Go for it nursing is a wonderful thing to get into u will always have a job and make good money.U should be grateful to have such a supportive husband.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• good for you!! you are doing something better, you are setting your future, its hard now but when you pass you can get jobs anywhere and get paid double what you would make now so hang in there and you willl be living large in no time
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• dont feel like a burden. you are doing this for your family. focus on school, and the good job will be your reward. good luck
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:20 PM on Jan. 16, 2009