I am so scared. PLease help

My oldest step-daughter is 10. Apprntly a really immature friend of ours made a dhs eprt. (i swear on my life i would never hurt my children) Well she always says she hates me, and wishes i would move out. well CHild services came to see her in school and she said a lo of untrue hrrible things about me. I am worried. I mean they have to talk to my other two yt and they will tell the truth, but im worried, about chelsea. I am scared that she hates me so much she would do smehing THIS horrible. What can i DO???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My 12 year old step daughter and her mom have reported all kinds of horrible lies to CPS about me and my family. I have been investigated on 3 seperate occasions. Be honest no matter what and be as helpful as possible. When my Stepdaughter told CPS that she was afraid I would beat her I was totally honest with CPS. I said, "She is lucky I haven't snatched her up by now. If you had put up with her crap for as long as I have you would have beaten her by now." The CPS worker laughed and admitted he probably would have. Stay clam, take a deep breath, count to 10, get a pedicure. Do whatever it takes to stay calm and in control. Don't let your emotions get the best of you. I know it's hard to do, believe me. But after more than a year of investigations unfortunately, I have experience in this area. Good Luck and Stay calm. :)
    TheNeverLady

Answer by TheNeverLady at 11:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I hope that they would also talk with you and that they can tell the difference between a lying 10 year old and a truthful Smom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. No wonder you are worried. I hope it turns out OK.

Answer by Bmat at 5:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry for you, but surely it will be OK. Does your DH know what she said? Can he talk to her about the importance of being honest? Does she live with you full time? Sounds like she's bitter about her situation. Hang in there, they still have to have proof. And what about getting some counseling? Ask the DHS people if they can recommend someone. Good luck.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 5:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• This happened to a friend of mine and when social services came out and talked to her, they could easily see by her home, friends and other children that it was all just made up. I'm sure your hubby and family and friends will all come out to support you. If it comes down to your word against her and there is no proof then I would think you would still be okay because you are innocent until proven guilty. Good luck! and hang in there the truth shall prevail.
    12crazykids

Answer by 12crazykids at 5:29 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• Oh that's terrible. How'd you find out she said those things? She will wish later she had never done that. The truth shall prevail but I hope it all works out. Keep us posted.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 6:48 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• My ex always turns me into social services for made up stuff and they come over and check it out and leave, but since it was you step daughter that said something i am sure they will make the family go through counceling for sure. Good Luck!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:09 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Just be truthful. She will probably be asked for her story several times (since kids some times change their story) and if her's changes and your's doesn't then they know she is lying.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2009