Dry skin

My miniature pinscher has dry skin and not sure what to do about it. During the summer months the air condition dries his skin out and in the winter time it's the very cold temperatures that does this. Any suggestions?

Proudmomof82008

Asked by Proudmomof82008 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 16, 2009 in Pets

• When you give him dry food put about a tablespoon of vegie oil in his food.I have a Lab/Australian cattle dog mix.No matter what season it is she gets dry skin.The vet suggested to put oil in her food.It really works,plus helps with the shine in her coat.Unforunately not with her goofyness.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 1:28 AM on Jan. 17, 2009

• Instead of giving him a bath you can buy those disposable wash clothes and they are supposed to help. They help a little with my min pin. He gets a bath like once a month. My vet said that giving them too many baths can create dry skin. There is also this spray stuff you can buy that has vitamin E and stuff. I don't remember the name. We go through it like crazy. Good luck!
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:25 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• i give my dogs a raw egg in their food once a week its mosturizes their skin from inside. my lab/rott mix has really bad dry skin/dandruff and it helps her
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:45 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• olive oil.. im serious
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 10:09 PM on Jan. 16, 2009

• also he might be allergic to his food.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 16, 2009